F. Paul Wilson

• "Double Threat is a new stand-alone thriller from New York Times bestselling author F. Paul Wilson.

Daley has a problem. Her 26-year life so far has been unconventional, to say the least, but now shes got this voice in her head. It claims to be a separate

entity thats going to be sharing her body

from now on. At first she thinks shes gone schizophrenic, then considers the possibility that maybe she really has been invaded but by what?

Medical tests turn up nothing, yet the voice persists and wont stop talking!

When she finally she accepts the reality that she has a symbiont, she discovers that together they can cure people of the incurable.

Maybe hosting a symbiont isnt such a bad thing.

She retreats to a remote town in the southwest desert to hone her healing skills. But there she runs afoul of the Pendry clan, leaders of an obscure cult that worships

the Visitors who inhabited the area millions of years ago. They plan to bring them back but believe Daley is the prophesied Duad who will undo all the cults efforts. She must be eliminated.

You know things are bad when the voice in your head is the only one you can trust."

in den usa erscheint dieses buch wieder bei forge, dem wilson stamm-verlag, nachdem es einige zeit so aussah, als müsse f. paul w. seine bücher im eigenverlag

bzw. bei kleinst-verlagen unterbringen.

freut mich natürlich.:thumbup:

• <3herzlichen glückwunsch f.paul wilson zu 50 jahre lang publizierender autor sein!

danke für ihre vielen bücher voll unvergesslichem lesestoff!!! :love:;):saint::evil:8o

This F File is deliberately late because I wanted to wait until mid month to celebrate 50 Years as a published author. Yep, 50 years ago this month "The Cleaning Machine" was published in Startling Mystery Stories #18 in March 1971. Doesn't seem like that long ago, even though many of you weren't even born then. In honor of those 50 years, Borderlands is collecting all my short fiction into 3 volumes: 50 years of F.

(märz 2021 newsletter)

• f. paul wilson hat soeben getwittert:

from the 2021 Prometheus Awards press release:
    "F. Paul Wilson story inducted into The Prometheus Hall of Fame for Best Classic Fiction "Lipidleggin','

" a short story by F. Paul Wilson,

won the 2021 Best Classic Fiction award and will be inducted into the Prometheus Hall of Fame."

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:<3-liche gratulation!

An adaptation of F. Paul Wilson's classic science fiction short story "Lipidleggin" :

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gast ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Text kopieren, Google Translator (oder anderes Übersetzungsprogramn), fertig 😉

~f. paul wilson hat soeben getwittert:

aus der Pressemitteilung der Prometheus Awards 2021:

"Die Geschichte von F. Paul Wilson wurde in die Prometheus Hall of Fame für die beste klassische Fiction "Lipidleggin" aufgenommen"

" eine Kurzgeschichte von F. Paul Wilson,

wurde 2021 mit dem Best Classic Fiction Award ausgezeichnet und wird in die Prometheus Hall of Fame aufgenommen."

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:<3-liche Gratulation!

Eine Adaption von F. Paul Wilsons klassischer Science-Fiction-Kurzgeschichte "Lipidleggin":~

• Hallo Jörg. du überschätzt mit deinen zum Teil englischen Beiträgen die Sprachkenntnisse der

Forenmitglieder, wie in dem voran gegangenem Beispiel!

Ganz ehrlich gesagt, wenn ich da Volltext in Englisch sehe, mache ich mir nicht mal die Mühe, dass dann nochmals über ein Übersetzungsprogramm in Deutsch übertragen zu lassen.

Ich tu dann einfach so als wäre der Beitrag nur für die bestimmt, die wirklich Englisch verstehen (also nicht wie bei mir, der dann nur Bahnhof und Kofferklauen versteht).:rolleyes:

"Wahnsinn ist bekanntlich die Vorstufe zur Genialität. Ich persönlich bin da aber längst schon einen Schritt weiter." :D

"Das Leben ist nur ein Albtraum auf dem Weg in den Tod."

• Text kopieren, Google Translator (oder anderes Übersetzungsprogramn), fertig 😉

Wie soll das Übersetzungsprogramm funktionieren, wenn wie in diesem Fall ein

englisches Sprachvideo statt eines Textes zur Verfügung steht???

• hallo slayer!

ich bin kein übersetzungsbüro und sowieso kein synchron-ton-studio und

muß mir dergleichen auch erarbeiten. ;):)

wilsons prometheus-ruhmeshalle-geschichte findet sich auf deutsch in

isaac asimovs "science fiction magazin 3. folge", unter dem titel

"wer sein fett abkriegt...".

hallo k.wolfram!

ich denke, wenn einem etwas wirklich wichtig ist, wird man alle hebbel in bewegung

setzen, es zu verstehen. ;):) wenn nicht bzw. aktuell nicht < klickt man weiter...8)

• Slayer

Mich würde interessieren, was die Intention deiner Kritik ist? Du machst keine konstruktiven Vorschläge, sondern unterstellst Gast eine Überschätzung der "Sprachkenntnisse der Forenmitglieder". Erstens ist das sehr pauschal, da sicherlich viele User der englischen Sprache mehr oder weniger mächtig sind. Zweitens hat Gast hier lediglich in diesem Autorenthread eine interessante Information zur Verfügung gestellt und diese mit einem passenden Video ergänzt, welches im Originalton vorliegt.

Was hätte er tun sollen, um einen Beitrag zu verfassen, der dich zufriedenstellt? Eine Übersetzung anfertigen? Oder ganz auf den Beitrag verzichten und allen die Neuigkeit zu F. Paul Wilson vorenthalten? Meines Wissens nach hat er niemanden gezwungen seinen Post zu lesen.

• hallo k.wolfram!

ich denke, wenn einem etwas wirklich wichtig ist, wird man alle hebbel in bewegung

setzen, es zu verstehen. ;):) wenn nicht bzw. aktuell nicht < klickt man weiter...8)

Sollte auch keine direkte Kritik an dir sein, Gast . Schließlich kriegt man ja auch keine Videos in deutscher Sprache, wenn es die nur auf Englisch gibt.

Aber ich bin da auch ehrlich, wirklich wichtig war und ist für mich stets, gut durch den nächsten Tag zu kommen. Das reicht mir für den Anfang auch schon mal.;)

"Wahnsinn ist bekanntlich die Vorstufe zur Genialität. Ich persönlich bin da aber längst schon einen Schritt weiter." :D

"Das Leben ist nur ein Albtraum auf dem Weg in den Tod."

• The F Files - July 30, 2022

RiP Mary Elizabeth Murphy Wilson

My life companion and spouse of 53 years died on July 19, succumbing to an aggressive glioblastoma. She was Mary Elizabeth Murphy before we married and some of you old timers may recognize that as the pseudonym I used for the first edition of Virgin back in 1996. We discovered the tumor in November and fought it till the end. Surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, immunotherapy – you name it, we tried it. All to no avail.

I haven’t mentioned this on my social media accounts. I’m not looking for a pity party, and it’s none of their business, really. But you loyal F Files folks, you’re sort of like family, so I’m sharing it with you. I’d appreciate it if we kept it among ourselves.

If you’ve noticed some gaps in the usual clocklike regularity of this newsletter, now you know why. It will remain irregular from now on, appearing only when I have something worth telling you – like a new book, for instance.

And on the subject of new books, I don’t know how many there’ll be, if any. I have three I wrote before the diagnosis, but I haven’t written since, and don’t know if I’ll ever start again. Compounding the block is the fact that my publisher has cancelled me. Everyone I’ve ever known or worked with at MacMillan/Tor/Forge has either died or retired. No matter that I’ve published 35 books with the company since 1988, I've been kicked to the curb. I'm sure my sales aren't what they used to be back when I was handing in a new Repairman Jack book every fall, but still, you have to wonder if maybe the idea of working with a straight white libertarian boomer seems to have the new management running for their safe spaces.

Finally, I want to share with you the obit I wrote for Mary. I tried to keep it light but also I wanted anyone who knew her to smile and nod and say, “Yep, that was Mary.”

Mary Elizabeth Murphy Wilson, of Ocean Township, left us on 7/19/2022 at Jersey Shore University Medical Center.

Mary was born on November 7, 1946, to Dan and Lorraine Murphy in Maywood, NJ. She met her husband Paul on a high school bus trip to Washington, DC, in 1961. They were married August 23, 1969. She is survived by Paul, their two daughters, Jennifer Bowers and Meggan Bateman, and their five grandchildren: Ethan Bateman, Hannah Bowers, Daniel Bowers, Quinn Bateman, and Tess Bateman. She is also survived by her three younger siblings, Daniel Murphy, Colleen Sullivan, and Jane Boynton.

Mary often joked about being poison for Catholic schools. She attended Queen of Peace grammar school in Maywood, NJ, (now closed), Benedictine Academy in Paterson, NJ (also closed), and Dunbarton College of the Holy Cross in Washington, DC (closed and sold to Howard Law School). She taught kindergarten at St. Mary’s Academy in Lakewood, NJ (now a Yeshiva).

She loved popular music, her favorites being Fleetwood Mac, the Roches, and Jackson Brown, among others. She was especially fond of doo-wop and would burst into song anytime she heard a familiar tune. She did not consider knowledge of the melody or lyrics necessary because she would ad lib those as she went along. The same for the key of the song, since she always defaulted to her own proprietary key (the key of M).

She was a devout pescetarian, eating mostly vegetables with occasional shrimp or salmon, but only if well-well-well done – “very dead,” as she would to say. Despite this, she could always find room for a hamburger. (Don’t ask.) She limited her alcohol intake to Chardonnay spritzers, but only a non-oaky variety and diluted with flat –“no bubbles” – seltzer. (Again, don’t ask.)

Mary believed in the old adage that a stranger was a friend she hadn’t met yet. She would stop and talk to anyone, anywhere (which tended to drive her daughters and grandchildren up a wall). No one worked a room like Mary. She could enter a crowd of strangers and by evening’s end know everyone by name and all their most intimate secrets. And everyone would love her.

No one who knew Mary ever had a bad word to say about her. She was loved by all. She leaves behind a grieving family and a world full of friends.

A memorial service to celebrate her life will be held at a later date.

Thank you for listening.

F. Paul Wilson

RIP!

• f. paul wilson twitterte vor 30 minuten:

"THINGS IN JARS by Jess Kidd - blown away by this book.

Finished it and, for the 1st time in my life, started an immediate reread.

The voice is captivating and the prose is mesmerizing and lyrical, all in service to a fascinating and unsettling tale.

YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!!!"

hier die deutsche übersetzung des buches:

https://www.dumont-buchverlag.…einem-glas-9783832181055/

edit: und hier die autorin auf youtube:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gast ()